Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunny with a high of 85!

I had that Relient K song stuck in my head for a while today. "And now I'm sunny with a high of 75 since you took my heavy heart and made it light and its funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive." Today has been an absolutely gorgeous day. First I woke up and got to be happy because it was warm enough that i didn't freeze when I woke up. Our ensemble had to sing at a church this morning, which was fine, but I also had to play the piano at my church, so I had to start at the choir's church for warm up, run to my church to play, and run back to sing. It was hectic, but we made it through all right. Then Devon picked me up, and we went to her house and she helped me study for my algebra test tomorrow. What a kind woman she is. I soooo would not have ever helped somebody with algebra on my sunny Sunday afternoon unless I really loved them. Or they were like Johnny Depp or someone amazingly hot. Anyway, and now I've been inside ever since she brought me home working on my dumb English paper. I hate that it's expository. I could do so much more if it were persuasive, but nobody cares about what I want. Right now I am on my break, and I'm thinking about taking a power nap, because for some reason I am extremely tired. I must have been up late the past few nights or something, because I've done nothing to make myself tired during the last few days- as far as physical exhilaration goes. But I just want to say, that for the past two-ish hours, I have been looking out the window closest to this computer and just imagining myself under the tree outside reading in the shade as the warm breeze blows my hair, smelling the lovely flowers, hearing the birds chirp and wondering why everyday can't be as lovely. So yes, I have totally been singing to myself all day. And it's sunny with a high of 85 - so I'm pretty much in Heaven.

0 comments: