Thursday, September 3, 2009

Student Orientation/Picture Day

Today, I knew I was going to be stressed. So I took the day off work. I was of course, happy to do this, but now I kind of wish I would have just gone to work. Because now instead of being at work and being worried about my senior pics, I have to be at home, trying to focus on my online classes and am distracted and worried. I knew it would happen. I went to bed late last night, so I could sleep in. But instead, I woke up at the same time and just pretended to be asleep. I hate that. Then finally around nine I went to student orientation. I hate that part of school. It's like the day that you know that summer is over. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about school, I do actually like school. I know, I'm a nerd, and I have always said that I hate it, but the truth is, I can't imagine what life will be like when I don't get to go to school. Right now, my life is sooooo easy. I live at home, I am fed, I don't have any bills, and basically I get to run my life. Now, in about 10 years, I hope to be married, have kids and be a teacher. But, who knows, right? Anyway, orientation was actually decent today. CJ, Taylor, Megan, Haley and I sang our rendition of the Journey song, Don't Stop Believing. It totally drives me crazy that SOME people insist on waiting til the last second for EVERYTHING. I am a perfectionist when it comes to music, even when it's just supposed to be "for fun". I hate it when you lose a basketball game or whatever and people are like "Well, did you have fun??" Seriously, nobody goes and plays basketball to "have fun" if you're totally passionate about it. You CAN have fun, but usually the fun comes when you win, or when you knew you played as hard as you could and it was enjoyable. "Well, if you had fun, then that's all that matters" BA HAHAHA! Yeah right! Never in life are you going to WANT to lose. Everyone plays to win, weather they admit it or not. Now, I realize that the song we performed was just "for fun" but even in a pick-up game of basketball, nobody is out there walking around just goofing off (for the most part) they are still in it to win. I just don't understand how people who are so "passionate" about music be so lazy. It just doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me, that even when it is "just for fun" you would still try your hardest so that you feel good about it, and then it IS fun. But hey, what do I know?

Okay, so I'm leaving in about an hour to go and get my pics done. I am soooo nervous, but I know it's ridiculous. It's JUST senior pictures. It's not a HUGE deal, but for some reason, it is for me. I know I shouldn't be freaked. Mrs. Van Essen is doing them and she's a genie. Or, as her daughter put it, "My mom can make ANYONE look good" haha. Thanks. Well, I'm off to do my hair and make up. Pray for me!! :)

1 comments:

Danae Cowan said...

Hey there. Wish I could have chatted w/you more today. rats. Your song went incredible! :)

how did your pics go?! i love you big big. . . danae