Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I WILL NOT!!

So today was the last day to change out class schedules at school. I thought I would go and ask the new academic adviser if I was going to be able to be qualified to graduate in about nine months. According to him, everything was ship shape. This was until I realized that my friend Taylor couldn't be in choir due to PE that he never took. I realized that I haven't done it in high school either. But, I was told my freshman year by the old academic adviser that if I played a varsity sport, and I was instead doing choir that it was totally cool, and they would count my sports as PE classes. That is why I didn't worry about it all of high school. Last year when I had the extra class period, I used it to assist the music teacher in both her junior high band and choir.

Anyway, I went back to the office. I wanted to talk to the old academic advisor and reiterate what she had told me three years ago. But noooooo the school secretaries sat there and refused to let me speak to her, because apparently she has no control of scheduling or anything like that anymore and if we need to talk to some one, we HAD to talk to the new advisor! Ah Hah! I was like "watch me!" okay, I didn't say that, but I definitely thought it. Anyway, I sat there calmly and waited for my turn to talk to the new one. FINALLY I talked to him, and I asked him about . He is totally aggravating me here, and I hope he could tell. I wanted to punch him is his crap lousy face!

Sooo....Am I going to have to take PE at all? I ask with a hint of hope in my voice.

Oh, you haven't taken it in high school?

Um... well, no, I've been doing choir. (As you would have known, had you ACTUALLY looked at my schedule and credit history like you said you did )

Ohhh you're one of THOSE, he says, as if I was of an entirely new breed of students.

Drop dead, I think, smiling politely not to piss him off.

Well, you're going to have to have a credit of PE this year.

Okay, what does that mean? I ask calmly because I know he EXPECTED me to fly off the handle and start freaking out as "old christina" would have.

What do you have 7th period?

Choir. DUH.

Yeah, you're going to have to drop that class.

NO. FREAKING. WAY. Um.... I ask, calmly again, well, what about high school sports, I was told in the beginning, that if I played a varsity sport, it could be considered part of my PE credits?

well.... not any more.

I was pissed. I wanted to pick him up and throw him out the window. If I were Buffy, I would have driven a wooden stake into his heart. But instead I made an appointment to figure this out tomorrow (because he had a meeting to go to), then I got up, left the room, and waited to be safely in Devon's class room to freak out.

Then in ensemble, after the meeting, I told my choir director what was going on. She flipped out, and had a conversation with the "old academic adviser", which is really the one I wanted to talk to. The new one is completely clueless apparently. While she was there, I talked Mr. Hill, because I like him SOOOO much more than the other guy. Anyway, he was totally on my side, and realized that they told me this because they didn't have the gym yet when I was a freshmen, so they hadn't made those requirements. So, I SHOULD be exempt from these rules. However, my choir director now has a meeting with the new and the old academic advisers and the athletic director tomorrow. I'm stressed out, but I keep telling myself it's going to be okay. Although, I really don't trust this new guy, so who knows. I don't understand why they would go and change this on me, and not let me know. The old adviser's words were "if you are helping to further the music department then we will allow you to use your sports as credits" this was the year when Jenni Grove was there for her first entire year, and the music program was the focus. Anyway. It just makes me mad. It better be sorted out tomorrow, or I really will stake that guy. Okay. Maybe not, but I will probably continue to have homicidal thoughts about him.

3 comments:

Danae Cowan said...

Um, excuse me dear, but that is my cousin whom I do love dearly, and I do not want him dead. . .

I do hope it works out for you though. :( That would be awful! For some reason, I think it'll be taken care of though in the way that God sees best. Trust Him and fly with it. I love ya!

Kyle! said...

Wow.

The whole time I was reading this, I knew how it would turn out: The new academic advisor would be a butthead, and not accept the old rules just because he has the power.

Lucky for you, you have Mrs. Grove on your side! I have faith in her, big time! She's been able to talk just about anyone into anything! Well, except to get new choir kids. She didn't even talk Derek and I into that one! Haha, we were motivated by watching you guys perform! That was eighth grade of course. ANYWAYS!! Yeah, you'll be fine. Mrs. Grove won't accept not to have you, I think. Soo...yea!
Good luck!

P.S. Remember the thing I said about Haley and I? Well...her feelings changed. So nevermind.

Kyle! said...

Oh, and sorry that's your cousin Danae. Ha, didn't mean to call him a butthead. =)