Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bittersweet

So, yesterday was my last day of working out on the farm. It was really hard. I didn't know how to feel. I spent soooo much of my summer out there. I brought donuts for them in the morning to make things a little easier on them. I just know how hard it must have been on them. :) Haha. I had a good day though. I just know I'm going to miss all he hours of measure plants this year, and when I'm having a bad day I will look back on all the good times I had this summer. These are my favorite 10 memories from the farm:
10.)digging up potatoes with Erin and Lindsey A.
9.) Lindsey B. teaching me how to drive the Toro
8.)Listening to books on CD with the Lindseys
7.)Killing the bees
6.)teaching Lindsey B. "vocabulary" words such as: melancholy, mundane, methodical and monopoly. Hahaha. Good times. "That's rude!"
5.)Hight notes with the Lindseys
4.)Cleaning out Virginia's office and finding out that the air freshener makes noises! Haha. That was soooo freaking funny!
3.)Washing the poatriv. with the Lindseys
2.)Going to Wing Ming for the PVP celebration!And naming the dutch bros. Guy
"The Big Yellow one is The Sun" and having all our little picnics in the shade.
1.)Collecting seed from the Annual Rye grass the time when Ross' dog came over and LindseyB. chased after her and had to pick her up and carry her all the way back and dump her over the fence. Then Lindsey B. jumping the fence to get raspberries. :) mmm... those were delicious!

Wow, I hate making those kinds of lists, because there were soooo0 many great days. I will never forget the time when I thought I was going to be fired because I asked Erin a question and Virgina made a joke back to me and I didn't know it was a joke and I almost wet my pants. I will never forget all the times where we were suuuuper tired and random things came out of our mouths that we still laugh about to this day. Haha. Like" I hate it when people says things wrong" Haha. Nice. Pride comes before a fall, right? I will never forget all the drama and trauma that Lindsey B. told us complete with all the hilarious dialogue. Or her inability to use any other words besides "That's rude" haha. Or they all made fun of how many times in a sentence I say the word "like" that was soooo annoying. Good times. I also enjoyed many times having discussions with Lindsey A. about Jesus Christ, and asking her questions about her mission trip to South America. I learned a lot from her, she is very wise.

Although I am talking about all the good times, know that there were some very boring days. The first few weeks were very boring. I brought my ipod and listened to sermons, so that was good. I learned a lot from being by myself for a long time. I learned how to appreciate small things. :) My prayer life increased quite a bit, and I was able to spend a lot of time with God. Not that it all ended when the Lindseys got out of school, but I AM glad I had that time to myself. I did grow quite a bit. But there were days where it was just sooo boring. I was literally falling asleep while listening to a book on CD with a narrator with a monotone voice, while counting clovers. Or cleaning seed or measuring PVP stuff. Wow, there were some bad days, but it's the good days that I want to remember and that will bring me back there on Christmas break and spring break.

This is not to say that I'm not excited for school. I really am. I think God has great things in store for this year. I know he has been moving in a lot of lives this summer, mine included, and I'm excited to see what He has planned. I realize that for many reasons, this year is going to be the most difficult for me. But I know that there is nothing that I cannot do with God as my strength.

1 comments:

Danae Cowan said...

It sounds amazing. I enjoyed hearing all your stories on the phone of your summer adventures with "the Lindsays." smile :) They must be amazing, and I'm sure you left a big hole. I love ya! So glad we have classes together! So glad that God has moved in your heart and mine this summer. Can't wait to see where He'll take the EL class of 2010!!!! ;) woot woot :) Love you much, girly!