Monday, June 22, 2009

Why did God make Mondays?

Eh. Today was not a good day. Well, it got better, but it started out bad. First I slept in like 10 minutes, which only giving myself 1/2 hour to get ready is not a good idea when this happens. Then I got to work, and everything seemed fine. Then I realized I didn't have to water all the plants the big green house. Lovely. (But now I have to tomorrow, yuck.) So anyway, I realized this and was happy for a moment. Then I remember that I left early Friday, not having finished the Perennial Rye grass, which is not good. Eh, last week, I started working on that, and after a day I realized I had some major allergies. My eyes got red and I sneezed like 90 thousand times and my nose bled it was awful. Erin told me that it was due to the PR was pollinating, so that was what was going on. Blah. So anyway, I had to start right away on that, which wasn't good because then the freshly picked leaves from last week were no longer fresh. They were nasty and hard and yucky. But that didn't matter, I had to go through two rows of that anyway. It was horrid and I broke so many different ends. It was miserable. Then Erin came and asked me to help Chelsie in the green house. My heart stopped. Literally, just kidding, I was so angry because I was so happy to not have to do that earlier. So I was on my way out there whistling, which happened to be "If I Only Had A Brain" from The Wizard of Oz, and I was ready to do some watering. I grabbed my ipod out of my locker and was on my way. It was a great surprise when I found out that in fact, I wasn't watering, I was clipping! Which, now that I have found the perfect pair of scissors, isn't too bad. So I was happy. I found that clipping is only of my favorite jobs. It's not too boring, as everything else is, and at least I feel destructive. I began clipping happily, and singing along with my ipod. It was great. I was singing "If I only had a...snip..[insert explicit language here] I just cut the wire from my head phones. I was soooo mad. I was livid, but it was my own fault, and it was kind of funny. I just had to laugh. And I don't know why. Out of anger and out of frustration, out of shock and just because I didn't know what else to do. But then it hit. I was going to have to face the rest of the day and it was only about 8:30... I still had a long 7 hours ahead of me. I was soooo mad.

Then the strawberries that I had for lunch were all over my lunch bag. Somehow, I didn't fully close the container that they were in when I left for work, so everything tasted like strawberries. GGGGGRRRR. Oh-- and I am completely sore from yesterday. My family went to Corvallis to an extended family gathering, and a bunch of us went to play softball at a local elementary school. Mom always said that it's fun until someone gets hurt. And I always retorted, yeah then it hilarious... unless that "someone" is me. I got hit in the shoulder with a line drive from my cousin who is probably 26, and it was clear out in left field. It hurts soooo bad every time I move it, but I can't figure out why there is no bruise. Everyone thought I was just being a wimp, but REALLY, it hurts. Not a good day. But here's the good news. Monday's almost over, and then it will be Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummers . . . . that sounds awful. :( I'm sorry . . . I hate those days. Was today any better??? [i hope it was!!!!!]

Wishin ya sunshine, an absence of watering, and all things bright and beautiful,
danae :)
PS love ya! <3

Anonymous said...

PS . . . in case you didn't notice, I commented on your blog!!!! Yours is the first blog I've EVER commented on. . . do you feel honored? :) haha :) love you! . . danae

cmb said...

wow-- i feel so honored. lol. thanks for the lovely comments, and actually today was better. thanks for reading my blog, it makes me happy that SOMEONE is!i love you danae-nae