Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm so glad it's friday!

Oh my goodness. I got a bee stuck in my hair today. It was sooo scary. I thought it was going to sting my entire head. I was out in the field gathering samples of grass to measure. It was nice and warm, but windy, but beautiful, so I was of course, singing to myself. I think I was actually singing "If I Were A Rich Man" from Fiddler on The Roof. Anyway, I was just minding my own business and then a bee just rammed right into my head. It was very rude. Then, he got himself stuck into my bun in my hair. And I was freaking out trying to get him out, and he was freaking out trying to get him out. It was crazy. I was so scared he was going to gobble me up. And every time I would go to brush him out, he would scream. Then I would scream. Finally after about an entire 2 minutes of this I took a deep breath and picked up my glove that I had thrown in a brief moment of terror and put it back on. As I was doing this, the bee was also taking a deep breath and trying to figure out what to do (I know, because I could feel him moving around up there), then I reached up and felt around and ripped him out-- forgetting that he was attached to my hair, which WAS attached to my head, and not I think I may be bald in that spot. Anyway, I threw him, I decided to spare his life, because I figured he was just as scared as I was. But nooooo, he came back for more. He was very angry and came back at my face, but I deflected him at the last second, as he was rocketing at my face at a million miles per hour. I hit him hard and he fell to the ground. It was very dramatic. I squished him and he was gone. Phew.

2 comments:

Kyle! said...

I loved reading that post!!! =) I was picturing the whole thing in my head. It made me laugh inside

Glad it didn't sting you.

Anonymous said...

Um, you owe me a post, my dear!!!!!! :-P -danae