Sunday, June 14, 2009

Does it ever get better?

Okay, So as most of you probably know, I started work this week. It was crazy. My summer is officially over. I go to bed early, and I get up early. I have no time for fun anymore. I have always made fun of Devon for wanting to be in bed every night at 8:00-8:30, but now I totally understand. Last year, I must have had more energy or something because this year, it's hard to roll myself out of bed. During the school year, everything that goes on isn't actually exhausting, maybe for you scholars it's mentally exhausting, but for the most part, that's about it. I come home everyday wanting to sleep and only sleep, and this weekend, nothing sounded better than just being at home. I don't want this, of course, I want the money, but do I want to ruin my summer? Is this what life is like for all the adults? This sucks.

I haven't really done anything all that intersting, worth talking about. I have mainly been doing random things for now. I guess once harvest officially begins, it will be different, but for now, I have planted and transplanted, and cleaned, and watered, and clipped all sorts of different grasses. It will get better, but the good news is that I am allowed to have my handy dandy ipod-- for now. I hear that once we are in the field, they aren't allowed, so that should be interesting. I don't know how much I will be able to handle this. I will probably go crazy.

1 comments:

shelbaybay said...

ha ha that sucks
i havent done anything this summer either and i havent gotten paid so at least your getting money