Friday, June 5, 2009

Junior Year is OVER!

I'm not even going to try to be optimistic... THIS YEAR SUCKED. Like really, there wasn't really anything good about this school year, looking back. I really didn't accomplish anything, I didn't learn any amazing life lessons, there wasn't a whole lot that happened that was good... well, except musicale. I noticed the other day that it seems that every year progressively gets worse. But next year, I want to have the best year ever. I HAVE to, it's my senior year, and it's going to change the world. Yesterday, two sophomores, Danae and Devon and I talked about college. It was the weirdest thing, it seems like it'should be SOOOOO far off, but really it's not, and unfortunatley I know it's going to go by REALLY fast. I don't want it to. As much as I gripe and complain about East Linn, I can't imagine not being there. It's home. Don't get me wrong, I realize that college is going to rock and that high school doesn't matter after that, but I'm not ready for it not to matter. I still want to be a kid, and in no way am I ready to grow up.

I've always wanted to go to a very large college, I figure if I can not matter, and can easily evaporate into the sea of college humans, then my life will be easy. I wont be known for anything, and I won't be like super competitive and hurt when it doesn't happen the way I want it. And, i wont be like known for every little thing I do wrong. But after talking with Danae and Devon, I think I am going to consider a small school too. I don't know if I want to go to a Christian school, just because I am kind of annoyed with the way Christian schools are, but I suppose I can't just throw the baby out with the bath water and make that kind of statement after only being at East Linn. Idk, I always imagined I wanted to go a public university because I assumed that the music programs would be crazy weird and exciting. Mrs. Grove said that they are very interesting because it is such an emotional art, that you would kind of have to get in touch with all your feelings and emotions... :)But I don't know, I may also just want to get away from the stupid high school setting where there is dumb drama coming out the ying yang, and maybe that's why I don't like the small school idea. Also, Devon pointed out that at a smaller school, there would be more one-on-one time for discussion with a teacher or something, and I enjoy that kind of stuff... I guess I have quite a bit of time to think about this, and I really shouldn't worry too much about it, I just should think about my last summer as a human child and enjoy that. I guess I just don't want to be unhappy. I really want to enjoy college, after all, it is the best time of your life. :)

1 comments:

joanna said...

Hey, congrats on being a senior!
So people told me this and I just ignored them, but don't stress about college. It just works out.
And believe me, you will not stop being a kid as soon as you graduate. College is super light-hearted and fun.

Definitely consider a small school. I'll put my little plug in for Linfield and say that it has been an amazing experience. It seems much bigger than ELCA because my class is like 500 people, but it's small enough to give you tight relationships with professors and your department. I've had SO many amazing class discussions that I would have missed out on if I were in a big 150 person lecture room.
And believe me, the pressure to compete is not as much of a problem in college- even at a small school.
As for going to a Christian college, I wouldn't reject the idea. But my college isn't religious at all and it's been a huge growing experience for me- even if it's hard at times.
Shesh. I totally filled your page with this! Sorry.