Wednesday, November 11, 2009

why?

I realized today how easy it is to just throw your life away with one stupid choice. I realized today that people do that all the time. And that's why people never really make it out of their teen years. One stupid mistake and the girl who had an exciting basketball future at UCLA lined up for her, gets pregnant, and it's all over. A young man who was tired of fighting the endless battles in life on his own, and puts a gun in his mouth. A girl who decides that she knows better than everyone else and decides to try life on her own. Throwing away her high school career and destined to work at some fast food place for the rest of her life. What I learned today was how easy it is to make those mistakes. They're everywhere. They're in like almost every choice you make. Why is it so easy to completely destroy your life, and can do it in like 3 seconds. But then almost impossible to undo that damage? Life is completely unfair, if you ask me.

4 comments:

Kyle! said...

Another example would be with Adam and Eve. But that choice ruined it for everyone.

You're right. Life isn't fair at all. We were born into an unfair life, and Adam and Eve are to blame. Sure, someone was going to do it if they didn't, but the what if's are still there.

I agree how easy it is to throw away your life, though. I knew a girl. I was in junior high when she was a Senior. She got pregnant, and married before she had a chance to start a life. Now she works at 7-Eleven. I know others just like her. It's sad that that's all it takes. A human life consists of sometimes a decade. Rarely that many years, but sometimes. How much of it does it take to throw away? On that timeline of the human life, it only takes a couple seconds to ruin it all. Mistakes that can never be fixed. Mistakes that we have to live with for the rest of the timeline. And some people can't handle how long that line goes, so they cut it short. Which sucks.

They say that the teen years are the most important years of someone's life. It's the time of our lives that we decide what we're going to do for the rest of our lives. But it's also the most vulnerable. One bad grade could be the only thing from stopping someone from their dreams. It's a big dream, if that's all it takes, but it happens. High school must be taken seriously. You know the problem with it, though? The people in high school. We're all high schoolers. It's a lot harder for us to look at the long run at this point in life.

I'm talking too much.
Get back to me if you want...

Danae Cowan said...

I love you. Remember, some teenage choices can change your life for the better too. Choices go both ways. I love you, dear! :)
"Just keep swimming / Just keep swimming / Just keep swimming / swimming / swimming"
------- Dori
(smile today!) :D

Shavonne said...

Life is all about choices, some of them will be bad and some will be good. I think that the most important choice though, is to never give up on what you want. I know that one bad choice might seem like you are ruined forever, but maybe you're just taking a detour.

That's a comment for any choices you might make, my dear:)

As for the rest of what you said in this blog, it saddens me to see choices people make. Some are very permanent, like taking your own life. I just found out that a girl I met did so about a month ago. I only met her once but she made a great impression on me. I wish people didn't make decisions like that.

Danae Cowan said...

So my dear, when was the last time you posted a blog??? :) hahaha :) I'm waiting! :)