Saturday, January 10, 2009

stupid basketball

Tuesday night, was the worst basketball game ever. I thought that I was going to die of embarrassment. We played Scio, which is actually East Linn's rivals. Every year East Linn dreads playing that school, because it seems that every time we play down at their level and barely win. This year was no different. They started out on top for the first quarter, but soon we picked up and it was close. We went into the locker room down by about 10 points. If you've ever seen our team play, you would know that for some reason they think that it's cool to win in the 4 Th quarter. Anyway, Whitney Warren, a starting off-side guard got hurt in the first quarter and had been sitting out. TJ, as I'd mentioned before decides not to play me constantly, so I was sitting there laughing to myself how ridiculous this was because I knew that I could do what they needed, but knew that they didn't want me to do it. Anyway, finally in the last 3 minutes of the game they realized that they needed me. So they put me in and eventually I drew a foul putting me at the free-throw line, with like 1 minute left. We were down by 2 so we needed these points. I swished them both, and I was very happy. But out coach calls a time-out and there wasn't a "good job Christina" instead, a "Do you not care that we're trying to run a play, and then you go and draw a foul?" Nice. Thanks Coach. Anyway, he's pissed at me, and in return I go back in upset, realizing that there isn't anything I can do right. We ended up losing because he put someone in to give an intentional foul, and they made their free-throws. Nice.

Wednesday afternoon, I knew I had basketball practice but I just wanted to go home. We watched Tuesday night's game tape together, and it was miserable. I didn't want to be there, because it wasn't worth my time to sit there and pretend that the coaches did their best and that we just didn't come out on top. So I went and talked to a teacher-friend of mine, and she told me to stay committed to the team and go to practice. I went to practice and was very unhappy. I knew that this was going to suck, but whatever. Then I broke my ankle at practice. I was in too much pain to cry, so I just sat there and breathed very deeply. My coaches thought I was being a wimp and told me to just go home and ice it- it'll be fine. But I was in a lot of pain. I've sprained my ankle before and everyone told me that sprains were more painful... they were wrong. A fracture is 10 times worse. So I spent my evening in a hospital, and now I have to gimp around for 6 weeks on crutches because of a stupid game that I didn't even want to play. Woo hoo!

0 comments: