Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Basketball (Pshhhhh)

Monday and Tuesday were both destroyed by having to go to Portland to play the lamest game known to mankind. I used to really enjoy the game a lot. I used to dream that I was in the WMBA and amazing. I wish I could go back to the days when i ate, drank, slept, lived basketball. I don't know what happened along the way. Maybe I just got tired of it. Maybe I just woke up and finally realized that there was no possible way that I could make my coaches happy. I don't know. Our team won the tournament and we brought home the first place prize, but no matter how many times I looked at that trophy and saw the happiness in the eyes of my "teammates" I couldn't bring myself to rejoice and feel as thought I really wasn't a part of that win. I didn't deserve it, and there was no way for me to feel like I had anything to do with this victory. That probably had something to do with the fact that I really wasn't a part of it. I was there in body and I cheered for my team and I was watching the game, but my position this year is the bench warmer. I don't know quite how it happened, especially because last year I was very close to being a starter. Now I don't go in until my coach is absolutely sure the he's got the win, and even then, sometimes he keeps me out just to spite me. I am so tired of this because I really don't think it has to do with my playing ability. But that's okay, I don't mind wasting my weeks and evenings going to basketball games and practices to only sit on the bench. It's great fun. I highly recommend it!

0 comments: