Sunday, November 23, 2008

Revolve Tour 2008

So this past weekend I went to the Revolve Tour. It's basically 2 days of Christian concerts and craziness with all your best girlfriends. I went my freshman year, and now again this year. Things have changed a lot since then. Like, when I went the first time, there was a lot more speaking. Each one of the bands or singers would go up and tell their stories. It was really good. Tammy Trent was there the first year I went, and her story is one that I don't think I'll ever forget. She was really funny, but her story was the most heart-breaking story in the whole world. She wrote this book and it's amazing, but way sad. Anyway, she's amazing and no other Revolve tour will ever be as good as that first year. Plus, this year it was basically like a rock concert the whole time... non-stop, and let me tell you... after 6 hours of non-stop shrill screaming it got old. After 1 hour. Plus, I was very unhappy because I was sick and not really in the whole rock concert mood. The drama team ended up being my favorite part of the tour. (I actually got a really good idea for this year's poetry slam!) Next to watching the skits, my other favorite part was just standing out in the hallway, and watching people. Isn't it crazy that we are all 'somebody else' to everyone else? Like, I was standing there thinking about how everyone just walks around and has their own life, thoughts, issues, etc. Each and everyone of them walk around and expect us to understand them, and wants all of us to be in-tune with their life. WEIRD. So, anyway, Revolve was fun. Odd, weird, annoying- but fun. :)

1 comments:

Shavonne said...

Sounds like a good experience to say the least. At least you were reminded of the last time you went and got all those great thoughts floating through your head again!